Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pick 'N' Mix: The Unfinished Swan, the Future of G4, it's raining ...



I’m going to cheat a bit and post this Sunday P’N'M within the first minutes of Sunday. It counts, right? Keeping things simple this week. Here’s a roundup up things that tickled my fancy:


- So pleased to learn that The Art of Video Games art exhibit exists, but sure wish it would make a pit stop at the local Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)!


- G4 has seen better days. Everyone in the video game industry (and fans) are wishing their friends at G4 the best during this time of transition. Word of the GQ-like makeover months ago just didn’t rub me the right way…


- Victor Lucas and Scott Jones give Silent Hill 3D a pair of 0.0 scores. We listened to them. Did you?



- My favourite part of the week is when my latest issue of Entertainment Weekly arrives. The magazine always impresses me with their behind-the-scenes articles by set designers, actors, editors, etc. I was even more impressed with their latest “The Must List” which holds a spot for The Unfinished Swan (XBOX) which I just downloaded last week – can’t wait to play it.


- Another game I just downloaded was NightSky for the 3DS from the Nintendo eShop. Originally a PC game, its 3DS version is getting great reviews all across the board. I’ve only played a minute of it so far and I’m surprised no review I’ve come across has mentioned it’s similarity to the PSVita‘s Sound Shapes? Let’s hope NightSky doesn’t have a level as challenging and angering as Sound Shapes’ Beck level.


- On a completely random note, a 2-foot shark fell from sky onto a golf course in the U.S. If I was a journalist reporting this story, my heading would be “Sharks From Above (1979)“. Horrible heading or awesome heading, you decide.


- MovieCat is my favourite iPhone game. This is one reason why.


- In local Toronto news: Ubisoft Toronto held a pumpkin carving contest recently, making it the coolest place to work for, ever.





Source:


http://levelupbuttercup.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/pick-n-mix-the-unfinished-swan-the-future-of-g4-its-raining-sharks/






The News from http://nintendo3dsfest.blogspot.com