Friday, August 31, 2012

Curious of my first TV appearance? - Here I come Hollywood

Home » Auditioning, featured

31 August 2012 No Comment



nintendo ds commercial


Uh, no, wait wait… Don’t start to scream, jump of joy or have any other extreme signs of happiness! This was just a simple commercial for Nintendo 3DS!

While I was in the Netherlands for my foundation course, I heard one of my classmates talking about a commercial spot where she got a casting call for. They searched people for a tv commercial for ‘a well known gaming console brand’, and well, I didn’t had any experience but it seemed like fun!


I’ve auditioned and one week later, I was invited to go to the recording studios, among about 50 others. To be honest, I was bloody nervous!

The studio was H-U-G-E !!! It had a white interior without any corners and right in front of me, there was a camera.

You have to know that I’ve never stood in front of a camera before and that I didn’t know what I had to do.


When I was seated, first I had to play on the ‘new gaming console’, and next on I had to go to another room, where there was an interview, with questions like ‘what did you like about the nintendo 3ds?’, ‘What would you say to your friends about the Nintendo 3DS?’, …

Next on, I had to sign a contract and I was out of the giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaant studio!


After waiting this long, wondering what the commercial would be about, it was done in 15 – 20 minutes?!


Although this was only a commercial – I really want to do real acting work – I think I’ve learned a lot from this :) !

First of all, I need to relax more and as a second I need to be more inventive while standing in front of a camera (however, this could also be an effect from the tensing up.)


Wow, I’m still talking… You’re probably very curious about how I hightened Nintendo’s sales to unknown hights!

Here’s the video with English subtitles :-)





Source:


http://www.hereicomehollywood.com/141/featured/curious-of-my-first-tv-appearance/






The News from http://nintendo3dsfest.blogspot.com